Thursday, July 17, 2014

Feeling inadequate?

Are you chronically ill and all your friends are moving forward with their lives while you're just stuck there in one spot? I find that one of the many hard things to deal with when you're living with a chronic illness. There are a lot of restrictions that come along with the territory, and healthy people may not understand that. Some people by miracle are able to hold jobs or be in school full time, but others aren't able to. Maybe they don't have the stamina, maybe they're bed bound, or maybe they just feel too horrible. It's not a matter of 'pushing through', and unless you are the person who's struggling, you have no right judge. There is enough guilt that comes along with being sick. The important thing is that we're not giving up. There are some days where it feels like the world is closing in, and your body hurts so much that you feel like screaming, but we still wake up the next day. We're fighters. It might make you feel like crap when someone tells you that they wish they could lay in bed all day, but what they don't realize is that the real luxury is being able to go out all day and live life. So next time you see someone you haven't seen in a long time and they ask what you're doing with your life, tell them that you are busy being a bad ass. Because you are. Not just anybody would be able to take all this pain and suffering and still be standing. You're that amazing of a fighter.

xo,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Finally, someone who understands how awkward it feels being in and out of school, struggling to find a happy medium with work, and trying to cope with illness. As you know, I am still struggling with my ED and have taken myself out of school. I have enrolled myself into an online university so I can get my BA in Journalism and communications because I struggle so much being out of public transportation, being seated, eating at awkward times, and being around so many people. Nevertheless, the only thing helping me with social awkwardness is my job. Sometimes, I feel like I am living in a bubble, because I rarely go out and see people, but the fact that I am trying is my only air hole.
    I am so sorry you have to go through all of this. Just like you said, you are one bad ass chick who is going through all of this crap day in and day out, and yet, look at your attitude towards life. Your strength will get you so far, and even though things are hard now, they'll help you LIVE hard in the future.
    You know what they say "You gotta work hard to live hard."
    Never put yourself down, Michelle. I remember exchanging very few words with you a while back, but I wish there were more. You emanate strength.
    Take care!

    -Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, this truly made my night. It's so nice to have some other people who understand what it's like. I truly meant what I said in this and you're a perfect example. You've been through so much, yet you're still standing and haven't given up, even when you've desperately wanted to. That's true strength :)

      Delete